Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Preparing to leave...

I am going through a lot of firsts right now...student teaching, almost being a real adult, traveling to a foreign country for a long period of time and blogging. I just finished a wonderful student teaching experience with 23 wonderful first graders. They completely stole my heart and it has been a weird adjustment not seeing their sweet faces on a daily basis. On Friday, I said goodbye to my first graders, my wonderful teacher, Mrs. Smith, and the lovely Mrs. Taylor, our class' teaching assistant. I then traveled to Mansfield, Ohio where I stayed with my good friend, Kelly and her fiance's family. I headed out early on Saturday and arrived in Jersey in the mid-afternoon. 

I love pulling into my driveway. It's one of the sweetest moments. I have lived in our home for my entire life and I just think it's one of the greatest places on earth. I am blessed to have an amazing family which makes coming home all the better. I have had a great few days at home and still have another two days before I fly out.

I am so excited for the the opportunity that awaits me in Germany. I am so blessed to have this chance, not only to travel to Germany and other European countries but to spend the next two months with a new group of students. I will be flying out on Thursday night and I will arrive in Germany on Friday night. I would appreciate your prayers for safety while I fly and travel on Friday. The next time I blog it will most likely be from Germany. To all my friends in Indiana...I already miss you (especially a few ladies who are now experiencing a much quieter home because of the absence of a certain talkative Jersey girl). 

With lots of love,
Am

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing all about your experience! Praying for safe travels! Missing you and your beautiful smile! :)
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the adventures. Love the coffee pictures. Also just an FYI it is spelled "Liederhosen" I know becki would catch that if I didn't. We love you Amy and hope you have a fantastic time. -Jacob, Whitney, and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed it for you Jacob. We looked it up online and Becki thought it was spelled the way you said but when we looked it up it was spelled the other way. All better! Miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete