| The bobby pin is to show you the size. When the legs weren't crushed repeatedly, it was even bigger. |
Just today, we were having a discussion on Genesis 43. In this chapter, Joseph meets his younger brother Benjamin and he weeps in private because he is so overwhelmed with love for his brother. I had so much fun using my dad as an analogy as a man who doesn't like to be seen crying. (Sorry Dad I'm outing you on the Interent) I told the story about the day that we dropped my brother off at college. To say the least, our family was not at our best emotional state. My mom and I, both sobbing hysterically, pretty much had to be dragged out of the dorm. My dad, Mr. Tough NJ "Mobster" man, put on his sunglasses so that no one would see the tears coming down his face. How does this connect to Genesis you may ask...do not fret, I can make it connect. I used my dad as a comparison of men who don't like to be seen crying (aka Joseph running to the other room). Needless to say, my kids and I were laughing a lot as I retold the story of my dad being the strong man.
I have one week left with these children. My prayer is that I make the most of each day with the incredible children God has blessed me with for this time. I am very excited to come home but I am also grateful that I have more time here in Kandern with the people I have grown to love. Even though this week has been full of ups and downs, I can still say confidently that God always provides exactly what I need, emotionally, physically, relationally, spiritually. He is my Everything and I am so grateful for all the way He provides.
Crazy to think that you only have a week left here... boy, are we going to miss you! (And weird to think that I, too, have only a week left with my third graders...) Love!
ReplyDelete